Nearby fall activities abound
The season of crisp leaves and warm drinks is finally here.
There are so many fun activities to do in the fall, including, but not limited to: picking apples and pumpkins, carving pumpkins, going to football games, and spending time with friends and families. A few fun and unique events are occurring in the Greenwood area.
- 27, uPaint Pottery Studio is hosting a pumpkin painting party. Participants can purchase a vintage truck with 3 small pumpkins for $50, a 3 pumpkin set for $50, or a single pumpkin for $20 to paint.
- Greenwood’s Rock the Clock is Sept. 28. There will be live music, food and a $5 Fun Zone.
- Franklin Fall Vintage Fest is also on Sept. 28, and there will be more than 100 vendors. At 9 a.m. there is a one-mile dance, at 1 p.m. a parade and a firework show at 9:29 p.m.
- On Oct. 11 at the Greenwood Amphitheater, Movies in the Park will be showing the Addams Family. It is free to attend, and there will be opportunities for face painting, games and prizes.
- On Oct. 18, the Greenwood Community Center will host Monster Mash. Students should bring their younger siblings in costume. There will be trick or treating, bounce houses, food, music and more.
- In November, Center Grove High School hosts the Center Grove Craft fair, where more than 250 vendors sell different handmade items. Admission is $2, and it is a great opportunity to buy unique Christmas presents.
Fall photo shoots is a typical phenomenon during fall. Some good places to take fall photo shoots are Westside park, Apple Works (or any apple orchard) and pumpkin patches. If a friend has a large backyard, people can go there and take photos, too. Any place can be a great opportunity for a photo shoot if executed correctly.
Coffee shops are a fall necessity. They have so many delicious hot drinks to keep people warm on a chilly fall day, like Starbucks’ pumpkin spice latte and salted caramel mocha. In addition, coffee shops have the potential to be a great place to capture the essence of fall in a photo shoot. The warm tones inside a coffee shop create an aura that embodies fall, especially if the photos are taken near a window, and the fall leaves are visible in the background of the shot.
Showing school spirit and supporting GHS athletics by attending sporting events is also an important fall staple. It is a fun way to spend time with friends and enjoy the fall weather.
Overall, fall is the season of community. It is a time to relax and spend time with loved ones before the hectic holiday season arrives and to enjoy the weather before the freezing air and snow comes.