Girls basketball Sectional

Ethan Pringle , Reporter

The girls basketball team bracket is set.

“Yes I’m glad we got the bye in the sectional but I also wish we could just play so we can get the game in as soon as possible to ensure that nothing bad happens like quarantines or anything like that,” Jenna Sawyer senior forward said.

The sad part about Sectionals is that it means the season is coming to an end and the seniors are playing their last games.

“I think they’re setting a good example and good ground for us when they leave because they always motivate us and support us younger players. Their actions this year have shown us what it’s like to be great leaders in our upcoming years,” Kira Faulkner  sophomore guard said.

The most influential leader of all ,though, is the coach.

“My favorite part about coaching these girls would probably be their personalities and their resiliency. Each one of these ladies are funny in their own way and have kept a positive outlook granted some unforeseen circumstances with Covid. But I am most proud of their resiliency, their ability to keep fighting to the end. These girls could have packed it in and tried not to win games, but instead they came back out each day and worked hard and continued to get better. Those are the things that will take them very far in life. I’m so proud of them for that” Coach Justin Bennett said.

Before going into Sectionals, it is a good time to look back on the regular season.

“My favorite part of the season is when we won in double overtime against Decatur Central. It was a really exciting game and very fun game to play in,” Sawyer said.